Monday 27 April 2015

Videos of individual police encounters are part of a bigger picture

A spate of videos has brought what looks like police brutality into our living rooms.

Logic says these incidents are aberrations; that's what makes them news. But I'm having trouble clearing my mind of those ugly scenes — and I know I'm not alone.

Are these just individual cops gone rogue? Or are they the tip of a giant iceberg of on-duty misconduct?

That's become the subject of private small talk and public dialogue, as we grow uncomfortably accustomed to the sight of law enforcement officers meting out street justice.

This week brought criminal charges against a Los Angeles Police Department officer caught last fall on camera stomping and kicking a man being held down by other officers on a South Los Angeles street. The video from a store's surveillance camera hasn't been publicly released, but when the police chief pronounces it disturbing, you can imagine how bad it must be.

We did see the beating of Francis Pusok in San Bernardino County, shot by a television news helicopter this month. It shows sheriff's deputies kicking and punching Pusok, who is on the ground with his hands behind his back.

SECURITY CAMERAS INSTALLATION LOS ANGELES.

1 comment:

  1. Nice article and worth’s as I am interested reading all articles about latest technology also I am searching for best security systems as CCTV Installation London for my home, I have searched some companies, will recommend your article regarding it. You must try for CCTV Installers London, also I am looking for Alarm systems, Burglar alarms London, and Access control systems on Low cost.
    Have you ever wondered just how installs CCTV cameras in London?
    CCTV Installation London

    ReplyDelete